Tuesday 9 October 2012

Trend Trivi-uuuh. Coupla things I have learnt

Not everyone suits all trends! Just because your friends are wearing parkas with leather sleeves (big atm for some reason.. sort of a mini-trend), does not automatically mean you will look good in one too! I would say that if you mainly wear clothes to appeal to others and enhance your features etc., pay more attention to what actually suits you. Seems pretty logical but i see so many people who get it so wrong. To an extent that it isn't just my opinion- like obviously wrong. No-one is going to start yelling at you for not being 'fashionable enough' if you don't wear a leather sleeved parka (primarily because no-one cares enough to do that.. which is consequently why i'm talking about it on here..). And if they do, you can be like 'hey man! I'm sticking to clothes for my own kind. That makes me smart!' and they will walk away.

There is a difference between a 'fashion trend' and 'what everybody is doing', and people tend to get confused by this. An extreme example would be when boys decide to wear their trousers too low, exposing their underwear. IT IS TRULY UNFORTUNATE. Don't try to justify it by being all 'it must be fine because everyone is doing it.' Everyone doesn't read the terms and conditions before clicking 'accept'. Does that make it fine? No.

Don't think that you have to resort to expensive sources like Vogue or Elle or Harper's to get info on current trends. Once the actual trends are identified, it is difficult for magazines to get it wrong. the cheap mags like 'More' are pretty good on advising on the subject too, I find. Of course, the detail and the accuracy provided in Vogue etc. is of a higher quality, so if you are someone like me, you will go to more reliable sources like that.

People always say that charity shops are great for finding current trends, because trends tend to regurgitate a bit.. the looks are always different, but the actual clothing usually isn't. But I have never walked in to a charity shop and found anything on trend. It's always old jumpers and boring, shapeless jeans... I guess this depends on where you live though. In Kensington for example, I bet you'd find some great bargains on designer goods. and in central London charity shops, I bet the choice is better. Cos London is all fashionable, right? :)

As mentioned before, clothes come back 'in' all the time, so don't get rid of your key pieces from a season. Chances are, you will need that peplum top in 2023 or something. and those flared jeans from 2004........ perhaps you will maybe need them again too.. (hopefully not). Not that I have kept mine because I was teeeeeeny then.

This one i guess is just an opinion.. But imma add it anyway, because this is my blog. I really don't think it is a good idea to mix trends up too much. Like fair enough if you wanna wear a leather skirt and a top with a wintery floral pattern- that would look kind of nice. But dooon't try and do them all at once- it can look a bit funny and jumbled! People will think you are a fashion tool.
Leather Peplum top+ Printed Oxblood trousers+Geometric Patterned bag+Studded shoes+Military style jacket=
Well you can see for yourself.
Thats all I can think of for now. Might do a part 2 in the future.
By the way, I have seen so many girls wearing garments with moustaches- I think it looks a bit stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment